- 1A style of filmmaking characterized by realistic, typically documentary motion pictures that avoid artificiality and artistic effect and are generally made with simple equipment.More example sentences
- He then juxtaposes that style with elements of realism, in particular cinéma-vérité documentary work.
- Yet to call this film cinéma-vérité would be wrong.
- Nowhere are the signifiers of cinéma-vérité, an approach based on the idea that the camera be as unobtrusive as possible.
mid 20th century: French, literally 'cinema truth'.
More definitions of cinéma-véritéDefinition of cinéma-vérité in:
- The British & World English dictionary