- 1A filmmaker.More example sentences
- Nouvelle vague of the 1960s was conceived in a similar spirit by French cineasts who realized that the Hollywood studios had turned the movie into a product to be consumed.
- 1.1An enthusiast for or devotee of movies or filmmaking.More example sentences
- The 2004 Cannes Film Festival was a treat for gay cineasts.
1920s: from French cinéaste, from ciné (from cinéma), on the pattern of enthousiaste 'enthusiast'.
More definitions of cineasteDefinition of cineaste in:
- The British & World English dictionary