- A plant of the daisy family with compact masses of bright flowers, often cultivated as a houseplant.
More example sentences
- Genus Pericallis (formerly Senecio or Cineraria), family Compositae
- In coastal areas, set out bedding begonias and cinerarias.
- In zones 15-17, you can also plant cineraria, nemesia, and schizanthus.
- Blue is a harder colour to find in the winter garden but appears in iris, cinerarias, pansies and violas.
modern Latin, feminine of Latin cinerarius 'of ashes', from cinis, ciner- 'ashes' (because of the ash-colored down on the leaves).
More definitions of cinerariaDefinition of cineraria in:
- The British & World English dictionary