Definition of cinnamon in English:
1An aromatic spice made from the peeled, dried, and rolled bark of a Southeast Asian tree.
- The spices used were ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and cardamom, along with tea leaves.
- For the spiced cakes, I added a bit of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and ginger, along with a minced chili pepper.
- Pilau is a delicious dish of rice spiced with curry, cinnamon, cumin, hot peppers, and cloves.
1.1A reddish- or yellowish-brown color resembling that of cinnamon.
- Sally deduced that the colours Jane should be wearing were light colours with some warmth, such as peach, beige, caramel, cinnamon, and apricot.
- His shoulders and chest were covered in cinnamon coloured freckles.
- The huge cinnamon and gold suite next door features a grand piano.
2 (also cinnamon tree) The tree which yields cinnamon.
- Genus Cinnamomum, family Lauraceae: several species, in particular C. zeylanicum, native to southern India and Sri Lanka
- A Daoist tradition in China holds that the source of immortality, or at least long life, is the cinnamon tree in the moon, a tree that no amount of chopping can fell.
Words that rhyme with cinnamonSolomon • trawlerman
Definition of cinnamon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.