- The 16th century as a period of Italian art, architecture, or literature, with a reversion to classical forms.More example sentences
- Benedetto Montagna worked as a painter and engraver well into the cinquecento.
- Such complexity of meanings appealed marvelously to learned patrons and artists of the cinquecento.
- In the middle of the cinquecento, at least in certain cultivated circles, there was a taste for figures in paintings that ambiguously combined male and female characteristics.
Italian, literally '500' (shortened from milcinquecento '1500') used with reference to the years 1500–99.
More definitions of cinquecentoDefinition of cinquecento in:
- The British & World English dictionary