- 1Rolled up with the tip in the center, for example the young frond of a fern.More example sentences
- Most also have circinate branch tips, which unroll like the fiddle head of a fern.
- Droseraceæ are known from Violaceæ by their circinate leaves.
- 1.1 Medicine Circular in appearance.More example sentences
- The transilluminated retinal image of the right eye at autopsy shows a circinate, elevated, perimacular retinal fold.
- Hard exudates may form a circinate pattern around a leaking microaneurysm.
early 19th century: from Latin circinatus, past participle of circinare 'make round', from circinus 'pair of compasses'.
More definitions of circinateDefinition of circinate in:
- The British & World English dictionary