Definition of circulate in English:
- A titer test doesn't measure immunity, but it does measure antibodies circulating in the system.
- But some testosterone remains freely circulating in the bloodstream.
- Some rogue pathogens seem to be freely circulating in that county.
- The manuscript had been circulated among various publishers, most of whom shied away from this provocative treatment of a sensitive subject.
- Local people said that whistles and horns were circulated among the community for the scaled-down protest.
- Rumours that an entrepreneur may buy the doomed factory have been circulating among workers and the local business community.
- Example sentences
- The present review is dealing with circulative transmission of plant viruses.
- Since the circulative pathway of most insect vectored viruses is similar, our findings should be applicable to other virus-vector systems.
- Afterward the work fluid is transported back to the first chamber through the second pipe using the porous structures thereof, thus forming a circulative cooling apparatus.
- Example sentences
- The group took Reactor 1 at the nuclear power station out of service yesterday to investigate vibrations on one of the gas circulators.
- Over the previous two weeks, petition circulators collected more than 5,000 signatures.
- Vornado is dedicated to building the best air comfort product, including air circulators, vintage fans, air softening humidifiers and air purifiers.
Late 15th century (as an alchemical term meaning 'distill something in a closed container, allowing condensed vapor to return to the original liquid'): from Latin circulat- 'moved in a circular path', from the verb circulare, from circulus 'small ring' (see circle). sense 1 dates from the mid 17th century.
Words that rhyme with circulateundulate • pustulate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.