- The system that circulates blood and lymph through the body, consisting of the heart, blood vessels, blood, lymph, and the lymphatic vessels and glands. Also called cardiovascular system.More example sentences
- The heart, lungs, and blood vessels make up the circulatory system of the human body.
- Then, as the embryonic circulatory system develops, blood vessels grow into the villi on the implanted side of the embryo; this becomes the fetal component of the placenta.
- These cells move throughout the body through the circulatory system or through the lymphatic system, often lodging in tiny capillaries.
More definitions of circulatory systemDefinition of circulatory system in:
- The British & World English dictionary