A cytotoxic drug used in cancer chemotherapy.
- A coordination compound of platinum; chemical formula: Pt(NH3)2Cl2
More example sentences
- In this study, researchers developed head and neck cancer cell cultures resistant to the chemotherapy drug cisplatin, a platinum-based drug frequently used to treat this type of cancer.
- Cancer drugs used for primary bone cancer include methotrexate, doxorubicin, and cisplatin.
- Prescribing patterns were more uniform for the older, more familiar drugs such as cisplatin, which showed a variation of about 2.3.
Definition of cisplatin in:
- The British & World English dictionary