Definition of citified in English:
Characteristic of or adjusted to an urban environment: black-hatted, citified cowboys
More example sentences
- This is a wholesome look at what two citified and sissified urban brattlings can learn about a hard day's working wading through cow flops.
- Already suspicious of citified strangers without cowboy boots, the Wyoming rancher and his son, who requested to remain anonymous, spotted him moseying their way and, quite naturally, took some precautions.
- His Edge Cities are creatures of the metropolitan periphery or of citified rural landscapes accessible to major metropolitan areas.
- Example sentences
- The outcome of such a disaster will be much bigger because of the citification of the threatened areas.
- For all sectors of the population, the idea of Westernization, citification, has caught hold.
- Industrialization and citification are taken as key issues to push up.
- (citifies, citifying, citified)Example sentences
- In recent years with the proceeding of citifying, the agricultural economy was atrophying gradually.
- It is not stamping-out rural life and citifying everyone either.
- He brings him out, paints him with a coat of swank and citifies him enough to make him a star in the gambling world.
Definition of citified in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia