Characteristic of or adjusted to an urban environment: black-hatted, citified cowboys
More example sentences
- This is a wholesome look at what two citified and sissified urban brattlings can learn about a hard day's working wading through cow flops.
- Already suspicious of citified strangers without cowboy boots, the Wyoming rancher and his son, who requested to remain anonymous, spotted him moseying their way and, quite naturally, took some precautions.
- His Edge Cities are creatures of the metropolitan periphery or of citified rural landscapes accessible to major metropolitan areas.
- Example sentences
- The outcome of such a disaster will be much bigger because of the citification of the threatened areas.
- For all sectors of the population, the idea of Westernization, citification, has caught hold.
- Industrialization and citification are taken as key issues to push up.
- (citifies, citifying, citified)Example sentences
- In recent years with the proceeding of citifying, the agricultural economy was atrophying gradually.
- It is not stamping-out rural life and citifying everyone either.
- He brings him out, paints him with a coat of swank and citifies him enough to make him a star in the gambling world.
Definition of citified in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.