- A terpenoid aldehyde found especially in citronella, rose, and geranium oils.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C10H18O
- He says lemon balm is easy to grow from seeds and contains citronellal, geraniol and geranial.
- The release and partitioning of citronellal was evaluated with a kinetic method and by a static headspace method.
- Most of the valuable chemicals which can be derived from citronellal can be produced from beta-pinene, and recently means have been discovered for converting the alpha-pinene in similar ways.