- North American An editor dealing with local news in a newspaper or magazine.More example sentences
- Among the newspaper staffers contributing starting chapters are the city editor, arts editor, book critic, a columnist, and several reporters.
- He is currently an Urban Affairs reporter for the Houston Chronicle where he has worked for the past 20 years as a reporter and an assistant city editor.
- Wherever old newspaper dogs gather to pass around the bonded whisky and reminisce about the golden days, one argument sure to arise is which of them faced the scariest city editor when he started out as a cub reporter.
More definitions of city editorDefinition of city editor in:
- The British & World English dictionary