noun(usually city fathers)
- A person concerned with or experienced in the administration of a city: the city fathers decided to build a museumMore example sentences
- No doubt his inclusion of the slogan of self-determination was designed to inveigle some voters in the municipality of which he is a city father.
- His party colleague, who was more of a firebrand leader, served three separate terms as city father from 1974 to '75, '79 to '81 and '92 to '94.
- Thanks to an infrastructure tax, city father foresight and the help of some influential friends, it has just opened a swimming and diving center that rivals the recreational water setting that surrounds it.
More definitions of city fatherDefinition of city father in:
- The British & World English dictionary