(often City Hall)
Definition of city hall in English:
1The administration building of a municipal government.
- Philadelphia's new city hall was the tallest building in the world.
- City administrators convened again at city hall on May 15 to discuss funding approval to continue operation of the plant.
- After receiving the petition, city administrators met at city hall and decided to call for a further clarification of the laws.
1.1 [treated as singular] North American Municipal offices or officers collectively: they cultivated close ties with City Hall
More example sentences
- Nevertheless city hall threatened the dog dealers with jail time and seizure of vehicles.
- Once city hall realizes they can buy you off with a bocce court, you're in trouble.
- Doubtless city hall will ask Washington to replace lost tax revenues, but the Feds should adamantly refuse.
Definition of city hall in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan