1Paradise, perceived as an ideal community in Heaven.
- The City of God was invisible - it was not of this earth.
- We know that the peace of Heaven, the City of God, awaits and cannot be constructed by man.
- God's original creation is thus renewed and transformed, but not annihilated, in the heavenly City of God.
1.1The Christian Church.
From The City of God by St. Augustine
- But it is also a picture of the work God is doing in the restoration of His Church - the spiritual City of God.
- He has witnessed something similar, something - dare I say it - more important: the attempted destruction of the Church, the City of God, the Body of Christ on earth.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: Cit·y of God
Definition of City of God in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.