- The planning and control of the construction, growth, and development of a city or town. Also called town planning.More example sentences
- There is no doubt that the complex, as it stands, is a result of negotiations between the clients, architects and the city planning authorities.
- The biggest city planning faux-pas appears to be the complete lack of shelter for the economically weak and the informal sector of Indian society.
- He studied city planning and engineering at the University of Tokyo.
- More example sentences
- That gathering would most likely include the city planner, development director, and fire and police chiefs.
- The city planner had set up the short street for parallel parking, normally a good choice for a small-business zone.
- ‘Almost 70 per cent of those attending the community consultation meeting indicated that their chief concern was related to height,’ reads the city planner's own report.
More definitions of city planningDefinition of city planning in:
- The British & World English dictionary