- North American A municipal building or building complex, often publicly financed, with space for conventions, sports events, and theatrical entertainment.More example sentences
- The third option would be to re-provide the services enjoyed in the civic centre in another building.
- In the old days when this was the civic centre for the community, the police were in this building as part of a large representation of local governance.
- Despite provision for elderly mall-walkers and the occasional concert, arts fair, or church service, few malls served as true civic centers.
More definitions of civic centerDefinition of civic center in:
- The British & World English dictionary