noun[usually treated as singular]
- The study of the rights and duties of citizenship.More example sentences
- But that can't be true, because they've given $35 million ‘for values, civics and citizenship education in our schools’.
- Emphasis is on civics and citizenship elements, although the kit also supports activities in science, art and English.
- Thus a clash is inevitable between what we can term the social studies view of civics and the popular view.
More definitions of civicsDefinition of civics in:
- The British & World English dictionary