- (In Marxist ideology) the conflict of interests between the workers and the ruling class in a capitalist society, regarded as inevitably violent.More example sentences
- After the First World War, Europe had been wracked by years of violent class struggles, but after the Second World War it had been possible to pacify the situation in Europe and restore bourgeois rule in a relatively short period of time.
- But the truth is that there really is a class struggle and that capitalism and socialism are at odds with one another.
- At the heart of capitalism is an ongoing class struggle between capital and labour.
More definitions of class struggleDefinition of class struggle in:
- The British & World English dictionary