Definition of classification in English:
1The action or process of classifying something according to shared qualities or characteristics: the classification of disease according to symptoms
More example sentences
- No single classification scheme for bronchiolar diseases has been widely accepted.
- Does this represent a revolution in classification processes?
- More importantly, this classification process enables us to begin to understand the value of our data.
1.1 another term for taxonomy.
1.2A category into which something is put.
- You are not bound, of course, to accept the categories or classifications.
- Several classifications are used to categorize individual apple trees.
- There were types and classifications of trash, and each had to be handled in its special way.