Definition of classifier in English:
1A person or thing that classifies something.
- It makes decisions through its employed classifiers who decide what classification an artistic work should receive before being released to the wider public.
- The objective of this article is to describe several of the more widely used machine learning classifiers that may have utility when used with empirical population genetics data.
- The question of whether it can be used to classify lesions using more advanced statistical techniques (e.g., using combined classifiers and linear discriminant analysis) will be answered in a separate study.
1.1 Linguistics An affix or word that indicates the semantic class to which a noun belongs, typically used in numerals or other expressions of counting, especially in Chinese and Japanese, e.g. head in two head of cattle.
- A look at a non-western language such as Dyirbal reveals a four-way classification, so that each noun must be preceded by a classifier telling what category it belongs to.
- Classifier languages typically dispose of a range of classifiers, which focus on the properties of the instance (perceptual, functional, etc.)
- Language is a classifier without which we feel lost, said Golay.
Words that rhyme with classifierpacifier
Definition of classifier in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan