- Extreme or irrational fear of confined places.More example sentences
- We saw magnificent sites, endured bouts of car claustrophobia, and encountered extremes of weather.
- The high-risk hobby inherently plays to the age-old horror themes of claustrophobia and fear of the unknown.
- Word had it that he was suffering from both agoraphobia and claustrophobia and was constantly running in and out of the house.
- More example sentences
- The last thing you want is a hysterical claustrophobe, suffering from a panic attack!
- Aside from claustrophobes, who doesn't love a nice underground labyrinth?
- Choosing the Panoramic sunroof from the options list isn't cheap, but claustrophobes will feel it's worth every penny.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin claustrum 'lock, bolt' + -phobia.
More definitions of claustrophobiaDefinition of claustrophobia in:
- The British & World English dictionary