Definition of claustrophobia in English:
Extreme or irrational fear of confined places.
- We saw magnificent sites, endured bouts of car claustrophobia, and encountered extremes of weather.
- The high-risk hobby inherently plays to the age-old horror themes of claustrophobia and fear of the unknown.
- Word had it that he was suffering from both agoraphobia and claustrophobia and was constantly running in and out of the house.
- Example sentences
- The last thing you want is a hysterical claustrophobe, suffering from a panic attack!
- Aside from claustrophobes, who doesn't love a nice underground labyrinth?
- Choosing the Panoramic sunroof from the options list isn't cheap, but claustrophobes will feel it's worth every penny.
Definition of claustrophobia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan