Definition of clean house in English:
- Yard work, cleaning house and washing cars are good exercise.
- Well, as nature cleans house, as it washes/blows away ‘excess’, or shakes at its core, or erupts the underground gases and lava, mankind must pick up the pieces and move on!
- A man will do almost anything not to cook, wash dishes, or clean house.
1.1Eliminate corruption or inefficiency: unless our organization cleans house, it will be difficult to raise funds
More example sentences
- He was determined to become the real head of the Intelligence Community and to clean house at CIA by eliminating deadwood and cutting costs.
- Dozens of advisors to the late leader have been fired in a shakeup to clean house of corrupt administrators.
- Unless he cleans house, his will be the Edsel presidency.
Definition of clean house in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan