- An absence of existing restraints or commitments: no government starts with a clean slateMore example sentences
- For now, suffice it to say that, for the first time, the Bankruptcy Court will become a tool for collection of credit card debt, instead of a refuge of last resort for debtors overwhelmed by their debt and in need of a clean slate.
- The cardinal, by staying, is really making a sacrifice for the church, allowing his future successor to come in with a clean slate.
- And I'm looking forward to starting with a clean slate.
More definitions of clean slateDefinition of clean slate in:
- The British & World English dictionary