- 1In such a way as to allow easy and accurate perception or interpretation: the ability to write clearly [as submodifier]: on white paper, the seeds are clearly visibleMore example sentences
- Every time they looked up from behind the cash desk the poster was clearly visible.
- A seed was judged to be germinated when the root tip had clearly penetrated the seed coat.
- A run will be clearly visible with this rig; any movement is a take as the bait is dead.
- 1.1 [sentence adverb] Without doubt; obviously: clearly, there have been disasters and reversals hereMore example sentences
- With a look of determination about her, the composer is clearly up for the challenge.
- He's also the sort of person who enjoys debate, but clearly likes to win the argument.
- He's a man with an immediate warmth and his family clearly means everything to him.