- A congenital split in the upper lip on one or both sides of the center, often associated with a cleft palate.More example sentences
- The most characteristic features associated with the bilateral cleft lip may include any or all of the following.
- Neonates with a cleft lip or palate may have other associated syndromes or congenital anomalies.
- Figure 1 provides a comparison of the anatomical features of a normal developed lip and nose with those of a cleft lip deformity.
Cleft lip is the standard, accepted term and should be used instead of harelip, which can cause offense.
More definitions of cleft lipDefinition of cleft lip in:
- The British & World English dictionary