- another term for horsefly.More example sentences
- It is, of course, the midges and the clegs who present the major problem to the Scottish naturist.
- He reminded his frantically puffing audience that smoking was a well-known antidote to the predations of the great horse fly, or cleg.
- Usually they are called clegs, horse-flies or gad-flies, without referring to one specific species.
late Middle English: from Old Norse kleggi.
More definitions of clegDefinition of cleg in:
- The British & World English dictionary