Definition of clematis in English:
A climbing plant of the buttercup family that bears white, pink, or purple flowers and feathery seeds. Several kinds are cultivated as ornamentals.
- Genus Clematis, family Ranunculaceae
- Of note is the purple clematis which climbs up the wall.
- Clematis alpina is usually among the earliest clematis to bloom in the spring.
- Plant climbing flowers like morning glories or clematis at the foot of the arch.
Words that rhyme with clematispoultice • justice • giantess
Definition of clematis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.