Definition of cleome in English:
A plant of a chiefly tropical genus that includes the spider flower. Cleomes are noted for their long stamens.
- Genus Cleome, family Capparidaceae
- Late-spring-to-frost annuals include the numerous sun coleuses, cleomes, periwinkles and zinnias.
- Impatiens and cleomes are two longtime favorites of the summer garden.
- Tall flowers, like cleome and tithonias, are planted on the outside of the fence, concealing the utilitarian purpose of the garden.
Modern Latin, from Greek, denoting a different plant.
Definition of cleome in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.