A repeated clicking sound as of shoe heels on a hard surface.
- She was quite photogenic and looked like a neighbor who, when she walked, would make a click-clack sound with the heel of her shoes.
- ‘Okay, girls,’ I heard the click-clack of Marissa's shoes as she walked steadily over to us, holding the plastic bags, which contained our tour outfits.
- As the familiar click-clack of her shoes hit his ears, Alex looked up to his mother and shovelled a folded fried egg into his mouth.
verb[no object, with adverbial of direction]
Move with a repeated clicking sound: the train clickety-clacked along the tracks
More example sentences
- But if you like clickety-clacking on a keyboard for a living, there isn't a carnival for you.
- His deft command has them dancing delicately on the edge of chaos, clickety-clacking up a racket of rare beauty.
- I hear the high heels of my mum go clickety-clack in the stoop and the booming voice of my father echoing through the house.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.