- A repeated clicking sound as of shoe heels on a hard surface.More example sentences
- She was quite photogenic and looked like a neighbor who, when she walked, would make a click-clack sound with the heel of her shoes.
- ‘Okay, girls,’ I heard the click-clack of Marissa's shoes as she walked steadily over to us, holding the plastic bags, which contained our tour outfits.
- As the familiar click-clack of her shoes hit his ears, Alex looked up to his mother and shovelled a folded fried egg into his mouth.
verb[no object, with adverbial of direction] Back to top
- Move with a repeated clicking sound: the train clickety-clacked along the tracksMore example sentences
- But if you like clickety-clacking on a keyboard for a living, there isn't a carnival for you.
- His deft command has them dancing delicately on the edge of chaos, clickety-clacking up a racket of rare beauty.
- I hear the high heels of my mum go clickety-clack in the stoop and the booming voice of my father echoing through the house.