Definition of cliff in English:
A steep rock face, especially at the edge of the sea: a path along the top of rugged cliffs [as modifier]: the cliff face
More example sentences
- His daughter's empty camper van was found parked at the edge of cliffs near her home in Cornwall.
- The path hugs the cliffs in places, with steep drops to the sea, so care is needed.
- We get ochres on the island, the white ochre is collected from the cliff edge of the beach.
- Example sentences
- The cliff-like structure at the heart of the old town rises directly from the sea and causes it to resemble a stone boat at anchor.
- In the urban maze of narrow streets cut between the cliff-like skyscrapers below, there was mayhem.
- Inside, the narrow alleys are tight woven, winding shadily between cliff-like walls of brown mud or sparkling white lime wash.
Words that rhyme with cliffbiff, glyph, if, kif, miff, niff, quiff, riff, skew-whiff, skiff, sniff, spliff, stiff, tiff, whiff
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.