Definition of climbing perch in English:
A small, edible freshwater fish that is able to breathe air and move over land, native to Africa and Asia.
- Family Anabantidae: three genera and several species, including Anabas testudinens
- He cites the walking catfish, climbing perch, and mudskippers as other examples.
- The fish is called climbing perch since it can wander across land to find new habitats.
- Both climbing perch and walking catfish are also likely to compete with native species for both food and space.
Definition of climbing perch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.