- A peach or nectarine of a variety in which the flesh adheres to the stone. Contrasted with freestone ( sense 2).More example sentences
- His next adventure will be with ‘Peento’ or doughnut peach, a white-fleshed clingstone peach with a sunken center.
- Yellow clingstone peaches are the most popular for this purpose.
- They are generally larger than clingstones with a firmer, less juicy texture but still with a sweet taste.
More definitions of clingstoneDefinition of clingstone in:
- The British & World English dictionary