- A small medical thermometer with a short but finely calibrated range, for taking a person’s temperature.More example sentences
- The maximum thermometer is similar to a clinical thermometer used by medical staff.
- In 1906, Sir Clifford Albutt of Leeds, who introduced the clinical thermometer to medicine, quoted Lloyd Morgan.
- When considering the diagnosis, a false sense of reassurance may be given by standard clinical thermometers.
More definitions of clinical thermometerDefinition of clinical thermometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary