Definition of clip-on in English:
Attached by a clip so as to be easy to fasten or remove: a clip-on bow tie
More example sentences
- Though experts say the clip-on hair extensions are easy to work with, you can have a hairdresser apply them if you prefer.
- I have to remove one glitzy clip-on earring every time I answer the phone.
- Hats are in, shoes are brown and highly polished, and elasticated clip-on braces seem to be making a comeback.
noun(usually clip-ons) Back to top
Things, especially sunglasses or earrings, that are attached by clips.
- At least the clip-ons would be attached in two places and would have less leverage and force against them.
- He said you should not use clip-ons with any lightweight bars.
- It also offers a very broad range of accessories including batteries, headsets, add-ons and clip-ons.
Definition of clip-on in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan