- 1A small board with a spring clip at the top, used for holding papers and providing support for writing.More example sentences
- Dr. Martin replied, straightening his tie and clipping a new set of papers into his clipboard.
- In the backstage area, just about everyone except the competitors has crowded around clipboards full of paper.
- There was a desk in the corner, holding a myriad of papers and clipboards, and a faded black arm chair stood in the middle of the room.
- 1.1 Computing A temporary storage area where material cut or copied from a file is kept for pasting into another file.More example sentences
- Basically, the clipboard is a temporary storage area where you can save and retrieve data.
- This is an example of how the Windows clipboard can copy and paste text to another location.
- Right after the capture you can send the screenshot to the clipboard or to a file.
More definitions of clipboardDefinition of clipboard in:
- The British & World English dictionary