- 1A small piece trimmed from something: hedge clippings and grass cuttingsMore example sentences
- This is why it is such a shame so many of us don't bother, simply chucking out our grass cuttings and hedge clippings with the rest of the household rubbish.
- Will the recycling depots accept all garden rubbish irrespective of type, ie grass cuttings, hedge clippings?
- Use kitchen vegetable waste, plus ‘tougher’ garden residues such as leaves, grass clippings and hedge prunings.
- 1.1An article cut from a newspaper or magazine.More example sentences
cutting, snippet, extract, excerpt
- She had taped and pasted the various clippings, articles and newspaper photos only a few days ago.
- Steve opened the drawer under his desk and pulled out a pile of magazines and newspaper clippings.
- One is full of clippings from newspaper and magazines of Dad; one is full of clippings from newspapers and magazines of Mum.