(also clock watcher)
An employee who is overly strict or zealous about not working more than the required hours: his lamp burned throughout the night; he was no clock-watcher
More example sentences
- In a nation of clock-watchers, Gustav stood out.
- But the anecdotal evidence about the others - the clock-watchers - is piling up.
- Their jobs will be taken by sloppy, indifferent clock-watchers.
- More example sentences
- I clock-watched a lot more than normal, especially after they scored their first goal.
Definition of clock-watcher in:
- The British & World English dictionary