(also clock watcher)
Definition of clock-watcher in English:
An employee who is overly strict or zealous about not working more than the required hours: his lamp burned throughout the night; he was no clock-watcher
More example sentences
- In a nation of clock-watchers, Gustav stood out.
- But the anecdotal evidence about the others - the clock-watchers - is piling up.
- Their jobs will be taken by sloppy, indifferent clock-watchers.
- Example sentences
- I clock-watched a lot more than normal, especially after they scored their first goal.
Definition of clock-watcher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan