- 1Kept away from the outside world; sheltered: a cloistered upbringingMore example sentences
- In the larger world outside the cloistered environs of Cambridge academia, the ever-shifting kaleidoscope of life was shaken yet again.
- But sound artist Francisco Lopez is no cloistered academic, folks, no matter how many big words he tosses around.
- Understanding something such as a random act of violence is difficult for Gerald, because of his cloistered upbringing.
- 2Having or enclosed by a cloister, as in a monastery: a cloistered walkway bordered the courtyardMore example sentences
- The cloistered walkways of Cambridge Crematorium are dotted with granite plaques bearing the names of the dear departed.
- A cloistered walkway cloaked in blackness ran around the periphery of the ground floor of the atrium.
- You walk along airy, cloistered corridors decorated with huge paintings to reach the Monasterio's 100 plus rooms and almost 20 suites.