- A synthetic nonsteroidal drug used to treat infertility in women by stimulating ovulation.More example sentences
- At its simplest it involves the woman taking a drug called clomiphene for six days each month.
- Ovulation is successful in approximately 75 percent of women treated with clomiphene, but subsequent pregnancy rates are only 30 to 40 percent.
- This combination also was significantly more effective than clomiphene alone for inducing ovulation.
More definitions of clomipheneDefinition of clomiphene in:
- The British & World English dictionary