- Unwilling to spend money; stingy.More example sentences
- It is quite surprising how one's wants increase at Christmas time, and what a tide of generosity suddenly sets in: the most close-fisted folks relax their grip, and yield to the genial impulse.
- Being a poor man, filling a place fit only for rich men, he had been driven to think of money, and had become self-denying and parsimonious - perhaps we may say hungry and close-fisted.
- A man gives to the free-handed, but no one gives to the close-fisted.
More definitions of close-fistedDefinition of close-fisted in:
- The British & World English dictionary