- A short distance between someone or something and a target: two bullets fired at close range watching a bird at close rangeMore example sentences
- This allowed him to knock the ball across to O'Connor, who slid a close-range shot into the net.
- He scored his second, and fifth of the campaign, with a close-range shot in the 67th minute
- The hosts made a brisk start and had an opportunity to open the scoring inside two minutes with a close-range penalty award.
More definitions of close rangeDefinition of close range in:
- The British & World English dictionary