nounchiefly North American
- A period between specified dates when fishing or the killing of particular game is officially forbidden.More example sentences
- After all, game fishing has a closed season to allow trout and salmon to get on with their reproductive cycle.
- He predicted the extermination of most western game unless hunters observed closed seasons or bag limits.
- This form of hunting is the only form of fox control that recognises a closed season.
More definitions of closed seasonDefinition of closed season in:
- The British & World English dictionary