- 1Items worn to cover the body: he stripped off his clothes baby clothes [as modifier]: a clothes shopMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, the sister is trying to maintain standards and dignity, washing her clothes and covering her body.
- ‘I now feel more comfortable and relaxed at work wearing casual clothes,’ she said.
- His face was so pale, and the oil almost covered his body and clothes completely.
- 2Bedclothes.More example sentences
- They would be awakened by a weight pressing on them, or the clothes would be pulled from the bed, or they would hear the sound of a dress sweeping the floor.
Old English clāthas, plural of clāth (see cloth).