- Any of a number of substances in blood plasma that are involved in the clotting process, such as factor VIII.More example sentences
- People with haemophilia are missing a part of the blood called a clotting factor (Factor VIII), and are sometimes treated by receiving transfusions.
- The body's clotting system depends on platelets as well as many clotting factors and other blood components.
- In order to have normal hemostasis, the organism needs to maintain a certain plasma level of clotting factors and a certain number of circulating platelets.
More definitions of clotting factorDefinition of clotting factor in:
- The British & World English dictionary