- A device that contains air or gas supersaturated with water vapor and that is used to detect charged particles, X-rays, and gamma rays by the condensation trails that they produce.More example sentences
- And a physicist observes the passage of an electron through a cloud chamber by attending to a curved white track.
- For example, a cloud chamber is a device in which vapor trails of moving nuclear particles can be seen and photographed.
- Armed with enough theory, we can see electrons in a cloud chamber.
More definitions of cloud chamberDefinition of cloud chamber in:
- The British & World English dictionary