noun (plural cloudberries)
A dwarf bramble that has white flowers and edible orange fruit and that grows on the mountains and moorlands of northern Eurasia and northern North America.
- Rubus chamaemorus, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- And then there's the forest berries growing wild - blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, cloudberries, and lingonberries.
- There were stalls piled with pyramids of different coloured berries - deep purple blackcurrants, scarlet strawberries, pink lingonberries and bright orange slushy cloudberries.
- Millions of orange cloudberries are ripening in Norway, and experts say it may be the best cloudberry season in decades.
Definition of cloudberry in:
- The British & World English dictionary