Definition of clubhouse in English:
1A building having a bar and other facilities for the members of a club.
- One of the most spectacular of all his buildings has to be the Royal Irish Yacht Club's clubhouse, which was completed in 1850.
- This Saturday heralds the long-awaited opening of the Alstonville Soccer Club clubhouse at Crawford Park.
- The Executive Committee of the Pattaya Sports Club held their first meeting in the conference room of their new clubhouse.
1.1A building or part of a building used by a sports team, especially a baseball team, as a locker room.
- Other sports have locker rooms; baseball players have clubhouses, with all that the title connotes.
- There's been a rule in baseball, that what you do in the clubhouse and ballpark stays there.
- The paddock is the bowlers' private haven, much as the trainer's room is in a baseball clubhouse.
Definition of clubhouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.