Definition of clubhouse in English:
1A building having a bar and other facilities for the members of a club.
- One of the most spectacular of all his buildings has to be the Royal Irish Yacht Club's clubhouse, which was completed in 1850.
- This Saturday heralds the long-awaited opening of the Alstonville Soccer Club clubhouse at Crawford Park.
- The Executive Committee of the Pattaya Sports Club held their first meeting in the conference room of their new clubhouse.
1.1A building or part of a building used by a sports team, especially a baseball team, as a locker room.
- Other sports have locker rooms; baseball players have clubhouses, with all that the title connotes.
- There's been a rule in baseball, that what you do in the clubhouse and ballpark stays there.
- The paddock is the bowlers' private haven, much as the trainer's room is in a baseball clubhouse.
Definition of clubhouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia