Definition of clunker in English:
nounNorth American informal
1An old, run-down vehicle or machine.
- Computer stores probably don't sell clunkers like your old laptop any more.
- It includes nonsense about not raking up lawn clippings, using fluorescent light bulbs and getting your old clunker of a car tuned more often.
- All she left was my old clunker of a car, my clothes, and my gun.
1.1A thing that is totally unsuccessful: novel after novel and not a clunker among them
More example sentences
- The movie business is bound to turn out clunkers.
- What if the last two songs from the seventies are classics, and the last two songs from the eighties are clunkers?
- In fact the painting is so bad that it might well be one of the artist's many authentic clunkers.
failure, flop, bust, dud, turkey