Definition of clunker in English:
nounNorth American informal
1An old, run-down vehicle or machine.
- Computer stores probably don't sell clunkers like your old laptop any more.
- It includes nonsense about not raking up lawn clippings, using fluorescent light bulbs and getting your old clunker of a car tuned more often.
- All she left was my old clunker of a car, my clothes, and my gun.
1.1A thing that is totally unsuccessful: novel after novel and not a clunker among them
More example sentences
- The movie business is bound to turn out clunkers.
- What if the last two songs from the seventies are classics, and the last two songs from the eighties are clunkers?
- In fact the painting is so bad that it might well be one of the artist's many authentic clunkers.
failure, flop, bust, dud, turkey
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.