Definition of cluster fly in English:
A fly that often enters buildings in large numbers during the autumn while looking for a place to overwinter.
- Pollenia rudis (family Calliphoridae), whose larvae parasitize earthworms, and the smaller Thaumatomyia notata (family Chloropidae)
- Bluebottles and cluster flies are disgusting little creatures, feeding off rotting food and excrement.
- Face flies and two or three species of cluster flies are often found in large clusters in the same overwintering site.
- Of course, spring is a good time to find earthworms, so the cluster fly is active during this season.
Definition of cluster fly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan